Thursday 6 June 2013

editorial layout

So here is my layout that is just about finished. Anything that needs to be done will be little touch ups.

This is the opening double page and I'm still playing around with the size of the font. I originally had it at 11pt but when I printed it in black and white it looked a little too big so i've changed it down to 9pt. The photo works really well as an opening photo and successfully introduces the band. I'm happy with the composition and how the image bleeds over to the next page, it helps lead your eye back to the left to read the article. Still thinking about perhaps making the writing into two margins, I know that having one margin is a big no no but because it isn't a full page across this changes things.


I love this spread, the black and white on the image is striking and works so well as it doesn't have all the distracting colours of the original. Its a great image to sit next to an interview as its relaxed and very candid. After making the font smaller it fit well into lining up exactly with the image. I think the white space up the top and bottom is good breathing space and really frames the layout.


These pages are very playful, especially the shot of Sophie which works well with the quote. The line travelling across really links the pages well and it gives it that little bit extra.


This shot of Sophie is my favourite. The colours work well together and the emotion on her face captures the atmosphere of the shoot. Its fun, relaxed and the two images on the right page compliment it well and the pop of red is great.


I'm pretty happy with my layout and its just little things now I need to look at. I still need to put in taglines on each page with the names of the clothing and everything and fix the page numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment