Thursday 6 June 2013

Street poster tri tone

In our brief it states that our street posters have to be tri tone in colour and I thought I would experiment with the colours before I decide on one colour to go with. Below is the same image and tri toned with black, white and another colour. I tried blue, green and pink.


I've decided on this image to use for the street poster as I love the composition and the posing of the models, especially Leigh on the left facing the other way as its a bit different. There is also alot of space up the top where I can add text to the poster and I love how the image is cropped halfway because you get more detail in their faces and more of an idea of what kind of people they are.
This first image has been tri toned with blue and I really like it, its very close to grey but I think thats why I like it, its very dark and mysterious and I'm not a fan of the tri tone look anyway so I think this is close to having it black and white. Also the blue ties in with the wintery feel of Narnia and the band is from London so they usually have this gloomy weather and tone to the country.


So this one has been tri toned with green and I don't think I like this one as much, the green isn't interesting at all and I don't think this would be eye catching on the street.


I like this pink colour, i've done this with all the colours but I like it toned down a bit so its not so overpowering. Although this pink is interesting I think i'm going to use the blue because its more intriguing and I find it more aesthetically pleasing.


No comments:

Post a Comment