Thursday 6 June 2013

finalising street poster

So the font i've chosen for the poster is thin and almost childlike which I think suits our band well. I think maybe the font needs to be white and it will stand out more like the white shirts do on the models. I think the black shape down the bottom with the white writing works really well and pulls your attention without detracting from the actual band. A little unsure about the line underneath, I might experiment without it to see but I put it there in the first place so it brings a bit of dominance to the title of the band and I like how it joins with the T.


I've tried yellow text on this one and although I like the colour I don't think its as successful. It doesn't quite match the whole aesthetic of the poster. I've also experimented with putting Sophie in the background up the top with a low transparency, i'm trying to capture the aesthetic of the Narnia dvd cover where the lion is up the top and seems to be looking over them. Sophie is the leader of the band so I thought this would be perfect.



This poster has been altered after some feedback and I think its working really well. I got rid of the line underneath and I think this has freed it up a bit. Theres a bit more breathing space around the title and you can see the strong eyes alot better. I also got rid of the websites underneath as it seems unnecessary and I want as less text as I can on the poster. This has given me more room and I think it looks less cluttered. I've received some feedback that the face in the background doesn't quite suit and she almost has a hussy look about her so I might see if I can find an image that seems more appropriate because the more I look at it now the more I see it. Everything else in the poster is working well though I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment